I decided today is a good day to share some interesting (to me) facts that you may or may not know about. These facts are important to me for several reasons. I am both a breast cancer survivor, and dare I say thriver, and a heart attack survivor too. All of the facts I’m sharing here may be relevant to you in some way, if not for yourself, maybe someone close to you.
Did you know?
- every 40 seconds, someone has a heart attack
- at least 20% of all heart attacks are in people younger than 65 years old (this is me)
- at least 20% of all heart attacks are silent
- heart disease kills more people than all cancers combined
- more women than men die from their first heart attack
Did you also know?
- 70,000 men and women under the age of 40 are diagnosed with breast cancer annually
- breast cancer is the most common form of cancer in pregnant women
- younger women tend to have more aggressive forms of breast cancer than older women and have lower survival rates
- 1 in 8 women in the US will develop breast cancer in her lifetime
- every two minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer in the US
These are just a few of the many startling facts about heart disease and breast cancer. They’re the reasons I do what I do.
Taking control of your own health and doing what it takes to keep your body healthy is an inside job. You have the responsibility to take care of the body you have. Everything we eat, drink, do and think has an impact on our health.
I’m running a challenge in April FOR FREE for anyone interested.
- do you want to kickstart your healthy lifestyle?
- do you want to take whatever steps you can to mitigate your risk?
- are you ready to empower yourself to manage your health?
Let’s do this together. Contact me for more information by clicking here and booking a call with me. You have nothing to lose.
As a health coach, I work with women who are facing serious health challenges like heart disease, metabolic syndrome and diabetes, or who have been diagnosed as having a precursor to a serious health issue such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol or high blood sugar. I help them make food and lifestyle changes so they can get healthy, live longer and enjoy a fuller, happier, more energetic life. If you would like to have a free consultation about the health challenges you have and the improvements you would like to see in your health, click here to schedule a no strings attached call.