A healthy Mexican and vegetarian salad recipe with avocado, black beans, chipotle chile, and quinoa. One of the nice things about this salad is the use of the chipotle chili powder to give it a little bit of a kick. The other ingredients also make this a delightful smorgasbord of flavors when you eat it.
California Chipotle Chopped Salad
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- freshly squeezed lime juice
- 15 ounce can beans rinsed, drained
- garlic clove minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Head romaine lettuce cut or torn into bite-size pieces
- Large tomato finely chopped
- 1/4 red onion finely chopped
- avocado pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- To make vinaigrette: Puree 3 tablespoons oil, vinegar, honey and lime juice in a blender.
- In a small saucepan, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Saute black beans, garlic, chile powder and salt for 5 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, quinoa, black bean mixture and cilantro. Toss gently with vinaigrette to coat.