Why Should We Exercise?
Exercise…some love it and some hate it. Me, I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love how it makes me feel but I hate that I have to psyche myself up to do it. I can always think of a million things to do instead of exercise and will often let them convince me of their “importance” so I end up not exercising.
Now I know as a health coach I should be more committed to my physical fitness and now that the wether is starting to get better, that feeling of commitment is getting stronger. I just need to put that commitment into action.
There are so many reasons to exercise regularly
- Your energy level will be higher – If you begin your day with a workout, you will be more likely to get through the day without a midday slump. If you suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or other chronic illness, exercise can help elevate your energy level.
- You will get better quality sleep – Your sleep will be deeper and more restorative which also will keep your energy higher.
- It will improve your mood – Anxiety and stress can be reduced and even alleviated with regular exercise. The endorphin release that occurs when you work out will make you happier.
- It can help with weight loss – Weight loss is mostly due to nutrition but when combined with an exercise program, you are more likely to stay true to your good nutrition choices.
- It supports strong muscles and bones – Most people know that exercise strengthens your muscles but it also makes you less likely to develop osteopenia or osteoporosis. Maintaining muscles mass as you age becomes very important because as you age, muscle mass and function diminishes
- Your risk of chronic disease is reduced – People who exercise regularly and maintain a healthy diet may be less likely to develop diseases like diabetes, heart disease and cancer.
- It can help with memory and slow cognitive decline – Exercise has ben shown to increase the size of the hippocampus, which is the part of the brain that houses memory.
These are just a few of the reasons regular exercise should be part of your daily routine. I have convinced myself after writing this to get up tomorrow morning and exercise before the rest of my life gets in the way. Feel free to join me.
Do You Want Help?
Would you like to have more energy, lose weight, sleep better, and balance your hormones? I am launching another 5 session Sugar Detox Program beginning soon.
This program is open to anyone who:
- would like to get control of their sugar cravings
- feel better
- have an abundance of energy
- and an overall increase in well-being.
Aren’t you tired of feeling bloated and lethargic?
If you continue to follow the path you’re on, where will it lead you in six months? a year? Isn’t it time to take a different approach?
What you have done in the past hasn’t worked or at least has not stuck. I can help you change that. Click here for a free consultation. We’ll discuss your challenges and your goals for the coming year and see if we’re a good fit. You have nothing to lose except those nasty cravings.
As a health coach, I work with women who are facing serious health challenges like heart disease, metabolic syndrome and diabetes or who are at risk for a serious health issue such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol or high blood sugar. If you would like to have a free consultation about the health challenges you have and the improvements you would like to see in your health, click here to schedule a no strings attached call.
Leave a Comment