I love this cookbook. Did I say that before? I don't always use the recipes as they are in the book. But then again, I do that with a lot of recipes. It's just the recipes in this book don't need a lot of alteration by me.
In this recipe, I switched out white potatoes for sweet potatoes. This is a much healthier alternative to conventional stuffed baked potatoes. They are often filled with cheese and bacon and other ingredients that keep me in business. Try it this way and you may never go back.
Tofu Broccoli Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 2 cups broccoli florets lightly steamed
- 10 oz firm tofu pressed and drained
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk I use cashew or almond milk
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Scrub potatoes and puncture before baking for about an hour until soft
- Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to be handled
- Split potatoes open and carefully scoop out the flesh from the skin into a bowl. Try not to rip the skin.
- Press garlic through a garlic press and mix in with potatoes
- Add olive oil and non-dairy milk and mix together
- Crumble tofu and mix into potatoes
- Add in steamed broccoli and 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast and mix again
- Stuff the mixture into the potato skins as full as possible
- Sprinkle remaining nutritional yeast on top of potatoes
- Turn oven on to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 20 minutes or until very hot. Serve
As a health coach, I work with women who are facing serious health challenges like heart disease, metabolic syndrome and diabetes, or who have been diagnosed as having a precursor to a serious health issue such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol or high blood sugar. I help them make food and lifestyle changes so they can get healthy, live longer and enjoy a fuller, happier, more energetic life. If you would like to have a free consultation about the health challenges you have and the improvements you would like to see in your health, click here to schedule a no strings attached call.