Have you ever been told to eat more healthy? Do you know what that means? Many don't and it really isn't their fault. We are bombarded every day with conflicting information and people are confused.
I firmly believe that we shouldn't consume as much animal flesh as the Standard American Diet (SAD) contains. It isn't a coincidence that the acronym for a daily habit that can eventually kill you or at least make you very sick, is SAD. So, if the SAD isn't good for you, what is? Consider the following:
According to these guys, a whole foods plant based (WFPB) diet is the way to go to prevent, reduce and even reverse conditions like heart disease and diabetes.
What does WFPB look like?
- Centered on whole, unrefined or minimally refined plants
- Based on
- whole grains
- Excludes or minimizes animal products
- Excludes highly refined foods
- bleached flour
- refined sugar
- refined oils
What are the benefits of WFPB eating?
- blood pressure
- blood sugar
- Reverse and/or prevent
- heart disease
- Lowers risk of developing
- Can slow cancer progression
- Improve rheumatoid arthritis symptoms
- Improve overall quality of life
Some things to consider
- WFPB eating is much easier on your system
- animal based and highly processed food can make you sick and overweight
- many of the diet/lifestyle diseases can be reversed by changing your diet/lifestyle
It doesn't have to be all or nothing. When I made the changes in my life, I did so incrementally. You don't have to eat the whole elephant...you can bite off a little at a time. I know, I know...it's meat. Don't eat elephant but it makes my point.
Do You Want Help?
Would you like to have more energy, lose weight, sleep better, and balance your hormones? I am launching another 5 session Sugar Detox Program beginning soon.
This program is open to anyone who:
- would like to get control of their sugar cravings
- feel better
- have an abundance of energy
- and an overall increase in well-being.
Aren’t you tired of feeling bloated and lethargic?
If you continue to follow the path you’re on, where will it lead you in six months? a year? Isn’t it time to take a different approach?
What you have done in the past hasn’t worked or at least has not stuck. I can help you change that. Click here for a free consultation. We’ll discuss your challenges and your goals for the coming year and see if we’re a good fit. You have nothing to lose except those nasty cravings.
As a health coach, I work with women who are facing serious health challenges like heart disease, metabolic syndrome and diabetes or who are at risk for a serious health issue such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol or high blood sugar. If you would like to have a free consultation about the health challenges you have and the improvements you would like to see in your health, click here to schedule a no strings attached call.