I read a lot of inspirational literature from various people considered “new age” thinkers. I think that’s code for “woo woo” or “fluff”. I don’t care because it makes me look at things from a more positive perspective and has changed my view of my life and my world.
One of my favorite sources of said inspiration is the late Dr. Wayne Dyer. Much of his belief is rooted in the Tao. The Tao is a philosophy that encourages us to simply accept ourselves and the path of our choosing. Live within our own nature. It’s sort of a ‘go with the flow’ way of life. Following is some of Dr. Dyer’s wisdom.
- Our intention creates our reality.
- When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.
- If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
- How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
- Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.
- With everything that has happened to you, you can feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.
- You don’t need to be better than anyone else, you just need to be better than you used to be.
- The more you see yourself as what you’d like to become, and act as if what you want is already there, the more you’ll activate those dormant forces that will collaborate to transform your dream into your reality.
- The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of the state of your mind.
- Loving people live in a loving world. Hostile people live in a hostile world. Same world.
- Don’t die with your music still in you.
- You will see it when you believe it.