I am not a photographer so just trust me. You'll really like this.
I often just put stuff together for a dish to serve my husband and me...and boy, is he a good sport. Sometimes I hit a home run and other times I foul out in the most glorious way. Tonight was a win, so I thought I'd share it here. Mind you, I don't use measurements when I wing it so go forth and experiment. And don't forget, you can always add more but you usually can't remove ingredients.
This is good for a cold winter day like the many we've had here lately. It's a great comfort food but also provides a good amount of nutritional value. You get some good omega-3 fatty acids from the salmon. Coconut milk is a good source of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) that are one of the healthy fats. The mixed veggies provide various vitamins and fiber. Spices each have their own nutritional profile and the lime juice is a good source of vitamin C.
Comfort food doesn't mean junk food. You can find foods that have a great nutrient profile and still feel warm and satisfied eating them. Bon appetit!
- 1 Slow cooker
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- mirapoix this is chopped carrots, celery and onion
- 4 large cloves garlic minced
- frozen salmon, skinned I had sockeye so that's what I used
- mixed vegetables
- small red potatoes I didn't peel or cut them
- ginger I used powder but you can use fresh
- Trader Joes Cuban Style Citrusy Garlic Seasoning Blend I put that s**t on everything
- coconut aminos
- coconut milk I didn't use canned but will next time
- Thai red curry paste
- lime juice
- put broth, mirapoix, garlic, salmon, vegetables, potatoes, spices and aminos in the slow cooker and cook on high until potatoes are soft. I cooked it for about 5 hours.
- Stir in curry paste, coconut milk and lime juice and heat about another 30 minutes
Do You Want Help?
Would you like to have more energy, lose weight, sleep better, and balance your hormones? I am launching a 5 week Sugar Detox Program beginning February 3rd.
This program is open to anyone who:
- would like to get control of their sugar cravings
- feel better
- have an abundance of energy
- and an overall increase in well-being.
Aren’t you tired of feeling bloated and lethargic?
If you continue to follow the path you’re on, where will it lead you in six months? a year? Isn’t it time to take a different approach?
What you have done in the past hasn’t worked or at least has not stuck. I can help you change that. Click here for a free consultation. We’ll discuss your challenges and your goals for the coming year and see if we’re a good fit. You have nothing to lose except those nasty cravings.
I help women living with or at risk for developing heart disease or other chronic illness that we can manage through lifestyle and nutrition changes. Or maybe you're on the verge of developing heart disease, or diabetes, or another lifestyle related condition. If so, let's chat. For a free consultation with me, click here.