I have to say that this is the closest to real cheesy tasting sauce I’ve found. I didn’t develop this recipe but I’m copying it right from the source. Enjoy!
The best part of this recipe is there are no chemicals that many commercial vegan cheeses have in them. I would use any of these ingredients in a recipe.
Let me know what you think when you try it.
Instant Pot Vegan Cheese Sauce
- Instant Pot
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium yellow or white onion peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 cup carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp mellow white miso
- 1 tsp smoked or sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Put everything in the Instant Pot in the order listed
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and twist into the locked position
- Select MANUAL with HIGH pressure for 5 minutes
- When the Instant Pot has finished cooking, manually release the pressure and open lid
- Carefully lift the stainless steel insert out of the pot. Pour ingredients into a high speed blender. I like to use a very large stainless steel bowl and an immersion blender.
- Blend at high speed until the sauce is really smooth and creamy. If sauce is too thick, thin it with a plant-based milk. As it cools the sauce will thicken so you may want to start out a little thinner
As a health coach, I work with women who are facing serious health challenges like heart disease, metabolic syndrome and diabetes, or who have been diagnosed as having a precursor to a serious health issue such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol or high blood sugar. I help them make food and lifestyle changes so they can get healthy, live longer and enjoy a fuller, happier, more energetic life. If you would like to have a free consultation about the health challenges you have and the improvements you would like to see in your health, click here to schedule a no strings attached call.