I found this to be a delicious change from the normal grilled fish typically make. It was easy and satisfying and it will be in the rotation. And...no slow cooker was involved.
The key to success in home cooking is often using what you have in the house. I didn't have to shop for any of the ingredients because they were all in my pantry or freezer.
I served this with corn because it's what I had on hand. It was easy to make and we loved it and best of all, it's healthy.
Fish With Artichoke Sauce
- olive oil enough to coat the frying pan
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp basil I like more seasoning so I am heavy handed here
- 1/2 tsp oregano ditto
- 1 juice of lemon
- 1/4 cup dry white wine I used sherry
- 2 lbs firm white fish fillets
- 1 18 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are soft.
- Add mushrooms and spices, sauté until mushrooms start to brown
- Add lemon juice, wine and salt to taste
- Simmer at medium heat until sauce thickens
- Place fish fillets in a prepared baking dish. Put artichoke heart halves on top of fish and cover with sauce
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake until fish is done but still moist.
- Serve with rice or other grain and vegetable
Do you need help?
If you continue to follow the path you’re on, where will it lead you in six months? a year? Isn’t it time to take a different approach?
What you have done in the past hasn’t worked or at least has not stuck. I can help you change that. Click here for a free consultation. You have nothing to lose except those nasty cravings.
As a health coach, I work with women who are facing serious health challenges like heart disease, metabolic syndrome and diabetes or who are at risk for a serious health issue such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol or high blood sugar. If you would like to have a free consultation about the health challenges you have and the improvements you would like to see in your health, click here to schedule a no strings attached call.