Did You Know? Some Facts About Women’s Heart Health
Women often have a much different experience in a cardiac event from that of a man. Most of us are not aware of those differences.
Here are some facts that might surprise you.
Did you know?
- More women in the US die of heart disease than all cancers combined
- Women are seven times more likely to be sent home from the emergency room while having a heart attack than men
- If a woman is seen by a female physician in the ER while having a cardiac event she is more likely to survive
- Heart attacks are more likely to be misdiagnosed in a woman as indigestion, dehydration, anxiety and stress
- Women are less likely to receive treatment when having a cardiac event
- Women are less likely to be referred to a cardiac rehabilitation program and are less likely to attend when they are referred
- There are over 44 million American women currently living with heart disease and 3 million women have a history of heart attack.
- Diabetes, obesity and being a woman of color, puts you at higher risk for heart disease.
- If you smoke, your chances of developing cardiovascular disease are 2-4 times higher than those of a non-smoker…especially if you are diabetic and/or obese.
- Physical inactivity significantly increases your risk of cardiovascular disease
Much of cardiovascular disease, in fact about 80%, is preventable through lifestyle, nutrition and education.
I can help you reduce your risk of developing or worsening existing heart disease. Feel free to click here for a free consultation with me.
Since June 2019, I decided to hold myself accountable for walking my talk. Several years ago, I was able to take off 135 pounds and essentially save my own life. I regained some of that weight in the last couple of years and I’m working my way back down. I’ve lost over 40 pounds since I began in June and have exercised nearly every day since August.
If you choose to join me on this journey, I hope I am able to impart some nutritional and lifestyle wisdom. Even though I may have gone off the rails temporarily I can still share some of my first hand experience as well as my acquired knowledge and training to help you make the right changes to live your best life.
Do You Want Help?
Would you like to have more energy, lose weight, sleep better, and balance your hormones? I am launching another 5 week Sugar Detox Program beginning soon.
This program is open to anyone who:
- would like to get control of their sugar cravings
- feel better
- have an abundance of energy
- and an overall increase in well-being.
Aren’t you tired of feeling bloated and lethargic?
If you continue to follow the path you’re on, where will it lead you in six months? a year? Isn’t it time to take a different approach?
What you have done in the past hasn’t worked or at least has not stuck. I can help you change that. Click here for a free consultation. We’ll discuss your challenges and your goals for the coming year and see if we’re a good fit. You have nothing to lose except those nasty cravings.
As a health coach, I work with women who are facing serious health challenges like heart disease, metabolic syndrome and diabetes or who have been diagnosed as having a precursor to a serious health issue such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol or high blood sugar. I help them make food and lifestyle changes so they can get healthy, live longer and enjoy a fuller, happier, more energetic life.
If you would like to have a free consultation about the health challenges you have and the improvements you would like to see in your health, click here to schedule a no strings attached call.
Leave a Comment