Date Nut Balls
I made this recipe up to replace some overpriced date nut balls I found in a specialty store. I think mine are better. Remember, I don’t use measurements so go crazy and do what feels good to you. If you decide to use the Five Spice Powder, a little goes a long way. I would use far more cinnamon than I would FSP.
A word of warning…I just looked up the Trader Joe’s nuts online and it looks like they cost almost $30 for a 16 oz. bag! I haven’t made these in a long time so I had no idea the price was that high. You can sub walnuts or any kind of nuts you like I suppose. I like the variety the mixed nuts provide…but not at $30 a bag!
This recipe will satisfy even the sweetest of sweet teeth with no added sugar. All of the ingredients bring good nutrients to the recipe. They are, however, very calorically dense so go easy on them. Have fun!
Date Nut Balls
- food processor
- medjool dates pitted
- raw, mixed, unsalted nuts I use Trader Joe's Fancy Mixed Nuts
- cinnamon and/or Frontier Five Spice Powder
- pure vanilla extract
- raw cacao
- shredded unsweetened coconut for rolling optional
- You can soak the dates in water to soften them if they seem a little hard
- Drain dates and add to food processor, processed until somewhat pasty
- add nuts and continue processing
- add remaining ingredients and process until fully incorporated
- roll into 1 inch balls and roll balls in shredded coconut
- put into covered container, putting a layer of waxed paper between layers, refrigerate until firm
As a health coach, I work with women who are facing serious health challenges like heart disease, metabolic syndrome and diabetes, or who have been diagnosed as having a precursor to a serious health issue such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol or high blood sugar. I help them make food and lifestyle changes so they can get healthy, live longer and enjoy a fuller, happier, more energetic life. If you would like to have a free consultation about the health challenges you have and the improvements you would like to see in your health, click here to schedule a no strings attached call.
I love dates .So this is something I’ll have to try.
They can be addicting…and delish.
I have to share this recipe with Lia! She would love making these!
Martha…I look forward to Lia’s review!
Oh! We love date and nut power bites too.. so easy to make and so guilt-free and delish.. will try your recipe as my version as far as i can recall is a bit different
I hope you enjoy them. They are very easy and quite nutritious.