My husband and I have an understanding…I don’t have to cut the grass and he doesn’t have to do the cooking. It works for us. But once in awhile I come up with something that I might let him try to make. This is just such a recipe. Mind you, I said I MIGHT let him make it. I didn’t. I made it myself but it was so easy, anyone can do it. It’s literally just “throw it all in the slow cooker and walk away”. And boy was it tasty.
The picture shows it before cooking. After it’s done, there is more liquid. It is the perfect dinner for a cold winter night. It has lots of great protein and fiber from the beans. The corn doesn’t give you much bang for your nutritional buck but you’ll get some good stuff from the peppers in fiber, vitamins and minerals. I also added some Trader Joe’s Citrusy Garlic Seasoning Blend for some extra zing. I think you will enjoy it.
Come back and let me know once you have tried it.
Vegan Pumpkin Chili
- 1 Slow cooker
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 can pinto beans with liquid
- 1 can black beans with liquid
- 2 cups frozen corn I use much more because we love corn
- 1 can pureed pumpkin this is NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tsp ground cumin I use more like a tablespoon
- 2 tsp chili powder I use more like a tablespoon
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- mix all the ingredients and cook on high for 4 hours