Thank God for Audio Books or Where I Get My Inspiration
In this blog challenge, we are given daily suggestions to get our writing juices flowing. We can choose to use that day’s suggestion or we can pick our own topic. Today I’m using the suggestion.
We were tasked with giving a list of resources we find helpful. Because I spend a lot of time in the car, I consider listening to audio books to be an excellent use of my drive time. I refuse to listen to the news because I have a hard enough time getting to sleep at night without even more to worry about. I will occasionally listen to music when I don’t have a book lined up or my phone battery is low. But my favorite way to pass the time is to listen to a self-development book. If you have the right author, the right reader and the right topic, you will fall in love with the medium and you’ll never listen to your radio again.
Following is a list of some of the books and their authors that I have listened to, or read the old fashioned way. Often I will listen to a book twice because I like it that much and I want to make sure I received the information the author is trying to convey to the reader/listener. Here they are:
- The 5 Second Rule: Transform your Life, Work, and Confidence with Everyday Courage – by Mel Robbins
- The Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear into Faith – by Gabrielle Bernstein
- The Like Switch: An Ex-FBI Agent’s Guide to Influencing, Attracting, and Winning People Over – by Jack Schafer PhD, Marvin Karlins Ph.D.
- Playing the Matrix: A Program for Living Deliberately and Creating Consciously – by Mike Dooley
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business – by Charles Duhigg
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life – by Jen Sincero
- High Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Become That Way – by Brendon Burchard
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life – by Mark Manson
- Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be – by Rachel Hollis
- Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence-and How You Can, Too – by Gary Vaynerchuk
There are many other books that have gotten my attention but this list gives you a peek inside my head. I like anything from Napoleon Hill, Robin Sharma, Jim Rohn, Jack Canfield, Brian Tracy and many others. I read/listen to books that make me think about the way I look at the world and my life. It sure beats listening to talk radio and the news.
So many of these books are ones I want to read. Thanks for the reminder on some great books that I need to find to time to read or listen to.