As I said yesterday, this month’s posts will be recipes that are healthy and tasty to show that you can like food that’s good for you.
Today’s entry…Stir Fry With Tofu
Convenience that doesn’t compromise food quality always works for me. I believe this recipe checks those boxes. Frozen veggies that you might not think to use in stir fry worked for me. A package of extra firm tofu that I froze first then thawed and drained was next. I marinated the tofu before mixing it into the veggies. The whole operation took about 20 minutes after marinating the tofu for about a half hour.
This is a great way to eat plant based and get plenty of protein. It’s a myth that you cannot get enough protein in your diet while following a vegan program. Anything that has been alive contains protein. The cells need it to survive.
I may make some combinations that some people find unusual. However, I’ve never poisoned anyone and they usually come out tasting pretty fine. I didn’t measure anything for the marinade. I’m a taster as I go along.
Stir Fry With Tofu
- Frozen vegetables I used the ones in the picture from Costco
- 1 pkg extra firm tofu, frozen then thawed and cut into cubes Also from Costco
Marinade for Tofu
- liquid aminos
- powdered garlic
- maple syrup
- sesame oil
- arrowroot mix with some water to make slurry for thickening
- whisk together marinade ingredients. I didn't use measurements for this.
- add marinade to cubed tofu and allow to sit for about 30 minutes
- sauté veggies in a little olive oil until no longer frozen
- add marinated tofu to veggies along with the rest of the marinade not absorbed by the tofu
- heat until warm enough to eat
As a health coach, I work with women who are facing serious health challenges like heart disease, metabolic syndrome and diabetes, or who have been diagnosed as having a precursor to a serious health issue such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol or high blood sugar. I help them make food and lifestyle changes so they can get healthy, live longer and enjoy a fuller, happier, more energetic life. If you would like to have a free consultation about the health challenges you have and the improvements you would like to see in your health, click here to schedule a no strings attached call.