I love this cookbook. It checks all the boxes for me. I’m gluten, dairy and refined sugar free and have been for years. I also don’t eat meat. Win-win!
Today’s recipe is from this book. I’ve made it before. I was skeptical because I’ve never been a huge fan of stuffed peppers but these converted me.
Prepare to love them!
Greek Stuffed Peppers
- 4 large bell peppers any color
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 cup organic white rice I used brown rice
- 1 cup canned tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup pine nuts lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup dark raisins I used golden raisins
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Slice tops off of peppers and clean out seeds and ribs
- Invert on paper towel to drain while preparing the stuffing
- In large skillet, heat olive oil and cook onion until golden
- Add allspice, rice and tomatoes and stir to combine
- Add water and bring to a boil
- Turn heat to low, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes. Turn off heat
- Add pine nuts and raisins and replace pan lid until somewhat cooled
- Stir in oregano and parsley
- Stuff each pepper, mounding the filling
- Put peppers in a glass baking dish or flat bottomed casserole
- Drizzle with lemon juice
- Cover the bottom of the pan with about 1/2 cup water
- Bak one hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit
As a health coach, I work with women who are facing serious health challenges like heart disease, metabolic syndrome and diabetes, or who have been diagnosed as having a precursor to a serious health issue such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol or high blood sugar. I help them make food and lifestyle changes so they can get healthy, live longer and enjoy a fuller, happier, more energetic life. If you would like to have a free consultation about the health challenges you have and the improvements you would like to see in your health, click here to schedule a no strings attached call.