For me, nothing beats a good homemade Tomato Bisque soup when it is accompanied by a fresh, hot, grilled cheese sandwich. Yum! An added benefit? Kids love to dip a gooey grilled cheese sandwich into the soup, so they eat it right up.
When serving to adults, adding a shot of Outerbridge’s Sherry Pepper Sauce gives it an extra little kick.
- 3 cups carrot juice (about 3 pounds of carrots, juiced)
- 1.5 lbs fresh chopped tomatoes or 1 (28 oz) can whole tomatoes, no-salt-added or low sodium (San Marzano variety, if possible)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 leek chopped
- 1 large shallot chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp no salt seasoning adjusted to taste
- 1 tsp dried thyme crumbled
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1/2 cup raw cashews ( or 1/4 cup raw cashew butter)
- 1/4 cup 1chopped fresh basil
- 5 oz organic baby spinach
- In a large saucepan, add all ingredients except the cashews, basil and spinach.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- Remove 2 cups of the vegetables with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Puree the remaining soup with the cashews in a food processor or high powered
blender until smooth.
- Return the pureed soup along with the reserved vegetables to the pot.
- Stir in the basil and spinach and heat until spinach is wilted.
PROTEIN 14g; CARBOHYDRATES 40g; TOTAL FAT 8.9g; SATURATED FAT 1.7g; SODIUM 203mg; FIBER 6.3g; BETA-CAROTENE 20201mcg; VITAMIN C 57mg; CALCIUM 141mg; IRON 4.4mg; FOLATE 143mcg; MAGNESIUM 133mg; ZINC 1.8mg; SELENIUM 4.2mcg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Comment