This is another great soup that hits the spot no matter what time of the year it is! However, a full bowl of this Savory Bean Spinach Soup in the wintertime hits the spot wonderfully!
Savory Bean Spinach Soup
The longer I let this cook, the better it seems to taste!
- 3 14 ounce cans low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 15 ounce can tomato puree
- 1 15 ounce can white or Great Northern beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach or kale leaves
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine broth, tomato puree, beans, rice, onion, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours
- Stir spinach into soup. Makes 6 main-dish servings.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!