Another one of my favorite soups, this carrot-ginger soup is super healthy and has a nice flavorful kick. The ginger intensifies the flavor of the soup while providing a lot of beneficial health benefits such as having anti-inflammatory effects, it may drastically lower blood sugars and improve heart disease risk factors, and more. For more information about the health benefits of ginger, check out 11 Proven Health Benefits of Ginger.
- 3/4 pound carrots about 6-7, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups no-salt-added vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 green onion thinly sliced (optional)
- Combine the carrots, broth, water, onion, ginger and salt in a small pot.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a low boil and cook for 20-25 minutes until carrots are easy to smash when pressed against the side of the pot with the back of a spoon.
- Transfer soup to a food processor or blender or use immersion blender and process until smooth.
- Top with green onion, if desired.