I love Pasta E Fagioli. It's so deeply satisfying, I could eat it anytime, no matter the season. But I do it a little differently. I don't use traditional semolina pasta. I use a high protein variety like this one. Or maybe this one. Some people don't like the taste of alternative pasta selections but I find the strong flavors in the soup can mask any difference in flavor.
If texture is your issue, this is the closest to regular pasta for texture I have found. It's gluten free and made with brown rice. If you didn't know, you wouldn't know you aren't eating regular pasta. Buon Appetito!
Pasta E Fagioli
- Slow cooker
- olive oil
- garlic minced
- celery diced
- onion diced
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cans cannellini beans
- 1 cup pasta of your choice
- fresh basil or vegan parmesan cheese for garnish
- Heat oil and sauté garlic, celery, onion and basil until soft and beginning to brown
- Put sautéed veggies and remaining ingredients (except pasta and garnish) in slow cooker for an hour or two. Add pasta and allow pasta to soften and become tender.
- Remove bay leaf and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
As a health coach, I work with women who are facing serious health challenges like heart disease, metabolic syndrome and diabetes, or who have been diagnosed as having a precursor to a serious health issue such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol or high blood sugar. I help them make food and lifestyle changes so they can get healthy, live longer and enjoy a fuller, happier, more energetic life. If you would like to have a free consultation about the health challenges you have and the improvements you would like to see in your health, click here to schedule a no strings attached call.