I love avocado and I love hummus! What could be better? Mixing them together! This Avocado Hummus recipe is the smoothest and creamiest hummus recipe I’ve ever made! And the flavor unbelievably delicious! This recipie is great for veggies, or as spread on a sandwich you make.
- 2 small avocados
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas drained, liquid reserved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon good quality olive oil
- Peel and pit the avocados.
- In either a food processor, bowl with a stick blender, or a traditional blender; chop together the avocados, chickpeas, garlic, tahini, red pepper flakes, kosher salt, and cayenne.
- While blending, slowly add in the lemon juice and olive oil. You . should have the proper consistency once done blending, but if it's still a little thick, thin with a small amount of the reserved water from the canned chickpeas while blending.