Do you love salt and vinegar chips? They were like crack for me...except I never used crack so I don't really know what that feels like. I just know I LOVED them.
This recipe will satisfy that salty, tangy taste and also give you a little crunch for good measure. And chickpeas give you a great bang for your nutrition buck. They're rich in fiber and protein. Fiber supports a healthy gut among other things, and we need protein for our bones, muscles and skin. They also supply a number of other important nutrients that are necessary for a healthy diet.
So, if you're looking for a little something to hold you over between meals that is actually good for you, this is a great snack. I say go for it!
Let me know what you think in the comments. Enjoy!
Roasted Salt and Vinegar Chickpeas
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed well
- 2 cups white vinegar
- sea salt
- any other spice you might want to try
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Bring vinegar, chickpeas and a little salt to a boil in a medium pot
- As soon as it boils, remove from heat
- Let chickpeas soak in the vinegar for about 40 minutes; drain
- Toss drained chickpeas with olive oil, salt pepper and any other spice until coated
- Put in air fryer in batches at 375 degrees F in a single layer to maximize crispiness
- Check after 10 minutes and shake basket to even out the cooking
- When done they should be crispy on the outside and a little soft in the middle
I help women living with or at risk for developing heart disease or other chronic illness that we can manage through lifestyle and nutrition changes. Have you been told that you are on the verge of developing heart disease, or diabetes, or another lifestyle related condition? If so, let's chat. For a free consultation with me, click here.