California Chipotle Chopped Salad
A healthy Mexican and vegetarian salad recipe with avocado, black beans, chipotle chile and quinoa.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- freshly squeezed lime juice
- 15 ounce can beans rinsed, drained
- garlic clove minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Head romaine lettuce cut or torn into bite-size pieces
- Large tomato finely chopped
- 1/4 red onion finely chopped
- avocado pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
To make vinaigrette: Puree 3 tablespoons oil, vinegar, honey and lime juice in a blender.
In a small saucepan, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Saute black beans, garlic, chile powder and salt for 5 minutes. Let cool.
In a large bowl, combine lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, quinoa, black bean mixture and cilantro. Toss gently with vinaigrette to coat.
Calories: 334kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 10gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 2.6gFiber: 11g