Garlic Roasted Salmon & Brussels Sprouts
Roasting salmon on top of Brussels sprouts and garlic, flavored with wine and fresh oregano, is a meal that is simple enough for a weeknight meal yet sophisticated enough to serve to company. Serve with whole-wheat couscous.
- 14 large cloves garlic divided
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano divided
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper divided
- 6 cups Brussels sprouts trimmed and sliced
- 3/4 cup white wine preferably Chardonnay
- 2 pounds wild-caught salmon fillet skinned, cut into 6 portions
- Lemon wedges
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Mince 2 garlic cloves and combine in a small bowl with oil, 1 tablespoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Halve the remaining garlic and toss with Brussels sprouts and 3 tablespoons of the seasoned oil in a large roasting pan. Roast, stirring once, for 15 minutes.
Add wine to the remaining oil mixture.
Remove the pan from oven, stir the vegetables and place salmon on top.
Drizzle with the wine mixture.
Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oregano and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Bake until the salmon is just cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes more.
Serve with lemon wedges.
Calories: 312kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 33gFat: -2gSaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 460mgPotassium: 854mgFiber: 3g